A list of the top ten counties in Texas for new residential construction based on the total permits on record with HBW for the month of May
Based on HBW’s latest construction data reports, there were nearly 9,500 new residential construction permits with a total value of in excess of $2.6 billion added to the HBW database during the month of May for the Lone Star State; this figure reflects approximately a 4 percent month-over-month increase in new residential construction.
In the HBW monthly reports, the four major metro regions of Texas (Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio) were included, and the breakdown of permits for the month are as follows:
When utilizing the reports to identify the counties with the highest levels of new residential construction activity, nearly 58 percent of all new permits were found to originate from five counties within the metro areas of Dallas and Houston.
Here is an overview of the top ten counties for new home construction in Texas last month:
- Harris County (Houston) – 1,481 permits
- Montgomery County (Houston) – 1,179 permits
- Fort Bend County (Houston) – 1,164 permits
- Tarrant County (Dallas) – 901 permits
- Collin County (Dallas) – 780 permits
- Bexar County (San Antonio) – 675 permits
- Travis County (Austin) – 674 permits
- Dallas County (Dallas) – 604 permits
- Denton County (Dallas) – 489 permits
- Williamson County (Austin) – 447 permits
To gain more information on the builders, homeowners and permits for the construction activity above, check out HBW for your copy of the latest construction data reports. To gain access to the HBW database and receive custom and detailed reports on the latest residential and commercial building activity in Florida, Georgia, Texas, Alabama, and Oklahoma, please contact HBW for details.